Hippie Harvest Hemp Gazpacho Recipe
November 18, 2016
- 2.5 cups heirloom tomatoes
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped roughly
- 1 medium garlic clove, smashed and peeled
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, stem and seeds removed
- Handful fresh basil (Genovese or Thai varieties both work) + more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dried porcini, minced
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts + more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon best quality extra virgin olive oil + more for garnish
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon coarse Celtic sea salt
- In the bowl of a high powered blender, combine the heirloom tomatoes, sweet onion, garlic, red pepper, basil, balsamic vinegar, porcini, hemp hearts, olive oil, pepper and sea salt.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Serve within an hour or two of prep.
- To serve, pour into 2-4 glasses or small bowls. Top with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of hemp hearts, and some basil leaves.
- Sip or spoon the soup as you like.